On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 00:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:22 +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:
> > >
> > > The trick to using vi(m) etc, is not to try and learn everything by
> > > heart, just start using it and it gradually becomes second nature.
> > >
> > > Start with vimtutor, and read through the documentation, but don't try
> > > and learn it by heart or you will soon be overwhelmed and confused. :)
> >
> > Or even have a go at http://vim-adventures.com/
>
> Thank you :)
>
> nice idea, unfortunately ...
>
> I don't play video games, but in this case I was willing to try it,
> but ...
>
> first of all I can't pay for it, but even if I would be able to pay for
> it ...
>
> I never ever would use paypal, at least regarding to
> http://wikileaks.org/
> "Julian Assange" might be or might not be an asshole, I don't know,
> however, I care about how paypal behaves and I care about Enlightenment
> and freedom of press. Btw. I don't own a watch, a mobile or a plastic.
> Yes, I've got some kind of bank card, but I guess I don't have one of
> those, that are required to use paypal.
>
> I'm not living in consumer land ;).
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

PS: It seems to be, that it's possible to "play" this game without
paying for it, but I can't see anything that teaches me how to use vim.
":" and cursor keys? Wow! Everybody, including me knows this and I'm
able to venture a guess when using vim too. That's the benefit of an
idiotic video game? Wasting time with nonsense, while using vim at least
will help to do some work, even without the knowhow to use it in a good
way, but anyway some work could be done. I think visually, not in words,
but anyway, such a game IMO is less good than a written tutorial and
since I'm a dyslexic reading isn't fun for me.
Sorry for the unkind words, but there already is too much nonsense on
our planet and IMHO this isn't good. Tux math isn't perfect, but
tolerable, for a different target group ;).