Dr Beco <r...@beco.cc> writes:

> Guys,
>
> For some reason, my restoration from a backup (using rsync) to
> notebook got me all my files dated 13/08/12, indistinctly.
>
> After some days I realized the problem.
>
> Now I need to rsync again from backup to notebook just to correct the dates.
> But I don't want to lose files I changed.
>
> I gave some thought to the problem. All my files in the notebook are
> more "recent". I need to use rsync to update them anyway.
>
> I can "filter" the files I don't want to update with the command:
>
> $find . -daystart -mtime -21
>
> That is, all files modified after 13/08/12. They are not much,
> considering that the backup adds up to 130GB.
>
> So, how do I compose such a command rsync plus find, to achieve this?

You could

1.) create a file with a list of such files with find and use the
    "--exclude-from=" of rsync to exclude them, or

2.) you could make another backup of the modified files, restore
    everything and then restore the modified files from the other
    backup.

I'd go for 2.) because I'd make another backup of the modified files
first anyway.