On 09/11/2012 09:34 AM, Camaleón wrote:
El 2012-09-11 a las 09:26 -0700, Gary Roach escribió:

(please, reply to the list)
Sorry. I'll be more careful in the future.
On 09/11/2012 07:24 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:02:42 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

Earlier I was complaining about Xsine not working with this new printer
but the main problem seems to be that the printer doesn't see any of the
computers on the hardwired network.

(...)

I already gave you some hints about this, did you try them?

I went through the info you gave me and have installed the
"epson-inkjet-printer-201106w_1.0.1-1lsb3.2_i386.deb" driver file.  I
also have Xsane installed. I still get " Failed to start scanner: Error
during device I/O" errors. My XP handles the scanner fine.
I don't know where that deb file comes from but it looks for the
printer not the scanner. Anyway, did you read the mentioned forum post?
I read the posts. The deb file came directly from Epson. It was listed as the driver for the Workforce 645 printer. I assume that the scanner driver should be included. Maybe not?
I am concentrating on the scanners inability to find the hardwired
(LInux) computers because this is an obvious problem that must be fixed.
This problem shows up when one tries to use the printers control panel
to scan and then send the PDF files to a particular computer on the net.
Again, this works with my wireless XP but none of the hardwired
computers. I am assuming that it is a Samba setup problem.
And I already gave you some hints (yes, also for this :-P):

Greetings,

1. I checked the router. The instructions say that the router is setup to allow wireless printing. In addition, my XP wireless works fine for print and scan. It also shows up on the scan control console.

2. I ran the network connection test from the scan console. I shows everything OK.

3. I will run the ethernet test asap. I am having severe back pain at present and really don't want to crawl around under the computer table. I'll see if I can't patch it from the top. I'lll be back with this.

4. All printing from all computers ( Win2k accepted) works fine. I haven’t checked the fax functions yet. The ink level indicator never seems to work but not worth fooling with.

Gary R.