On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 20:28 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I've noticed a few users asking questions on d-u rather than their own
> language list.

Because the international user base is larger than the national user
base, especially for exotic usage, e.g. pro-audio, exotic mailers such
as Wanderlust etc. For such exotic usage, there are other lists, but
those lists are on English only. So at least I run Linux in English and
don't install German language packages. To post English output of
commands on a German mailing list wouldn't be good.

Regards,
Ralf