On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:26:19 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
>
>> Artifex Maximus <artife...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Even it is a quite old motherboard "Intel Virtualization Technology"
>>> BIOS options is enabled. I cannot change that option though. My
>>> motherboard just for info is a Fujitsu-Siemens G31T-M2 which is some
>>> ECS OEM motherboard with G31 chipset.
>>
>> Hmm. Could you post the output of
>>
>>   grep flags /proc/cpuinfo
>>
>> so that we can see which capabilities the kernel thinks are available on
>> you CPU,
>
> That will be of little help because CPU will expose the VT-x capabilities
> despite the BIOS have them turned off.

Someone recommend the XenClient CD. I've tried that and says that VTx
is disabled even it is enabled in BIOS. :-(

> @Artifex, contact your motherboard manufacturer and ask specifically for
> this. I see nothing at the manual or specs regarding VT-x for your board¹.
>
> ¹http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=812&CategoryID=1&MenuID=16&LanID=0

Thanks. Mine is Fujitsu-Siemens (manufactured by ECS) G31T-M2 which is
slightly different from any other which I found on ECS site. So no
BIOS there. I already have the latest (dated 2008) FuSi BIOS for my
board. I'll contact with FuSi hope they will help me.

Bye,