Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:42:57 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> There might be the problem that, in a while, you can't play videos with
>> it anymore since Adobe says there aren't going to be any further
>> releases.  I don't know what their plans are, perhaps it just becomes
>> obsolete and what's built into the web browsers replaces it.
>
> Adobe will continue the maintenance of the Linux packages but no new
> releases which means only security patches will be delivered. If you ask
> me, I prefer this way: on every Flash Player update there's a high chance
> for something that was working it simply breaks so Adobe decision is fine
> with me.
>
> OTOH, html5 is now at the corner, my hope is that Flash Player for the
> web dies in a very near future...

There is also the possibility that they come up with a new version for
other OSs.  They could add features in the new version that make it
impossible to play videos which are compatible with the new version with
the old one.  Once the old version is incompatible, there's no point in
continuing to provide security updates for it.

Well, there's not point in worrying about it.  We'll see what happens.

>>> None, what problem are you having? Do you have any flash player
>>> installed and it fails?
>>
>> I installed gnash and it doesn't play flash.
>
> (...)
>
> I mean what problem you had with Adobe Flash Player. The rest of the
> flash player implementations fail in a way or another.

It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, depending on the website you're
looking at.  Some want you to download some software.  It's just
retarded.

>> So how do I make it so that seamonkey uses mplayer to play all videos?
>> You seem to think there's no problem with that.
>
> Yes, because there's no problem with that unless you explicety mention
> one. There are (or "there were", I hope they are still there!) plugins to
> view flash videos from Mozilla browsers using mplayer -or another video
> player- as backend.

Ok, then how do I do that?

--
Debian testing amd64