On 9/21/2012 7:05 PM, T Elcor wrote:
> [...]

Read my original reply to the OP.  I gave him the answer, in full
detail, and a link to the page from where I copied it.  I also derided
him for his failure to make a cursory effort of his own.

It isn't a stupid question.  I've answered it many times on this list.
But in most/all of those cases, those asking were noobs.  Someone
installing on a quad socket DL580 isn't a noob, certainly should not be
a noob.  Someone who should not be a noob asking a noob question is what
prompted my derision.  Again, anyone at "a level" where they're working
or playing with a DL580 should have already known the answer, or been
able to easily find it, especially given the ease with which this
particular answer can be found.

You've got this backwards.  It's not "beneath" me to answer this
question.  It should, however, be beneath any self respecting OP at such
a level to ask this in the first place without even Googling.

--
Stan