On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 17:04:05 -0500
John Hasler <jhas...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Celejar writes:
> > You, the end user, are granted by the OEM (in accordance with a right
> > Microsoft has granted *it*) the right to use the software, but not to
> > resell it (except as part of the sale of the entire computer).
>
> You, the owner of a copy of the software, have the right to sell it
> through the operation of copyright law.  You can sell the entire
> computer, just the hard disk, or even just the part of the hard disk
> that constitutes the copy if you can figure out how to do that.
> Licenses are not involved.  What you do not have is the right to make
> and transfer to others additional copies of the software unless such a
> right has been granted to you in a contract between you and the
> copyright owner.
>
> A copy is a _thing_: a tangible object.  A license is a grant of rights,
> generally part of a contract.  It is intangible.  You do not need a
> license to own a copy or to sell a copy you own.

Not entirely sure what you're saying here, but my point is that even if
you sell the hard drive, or any other physical object containing the
copy of the software that you own, the purchaser will still not have
the legal right to actually use that software, insofar as your license
doesn't grant you the right to transfer the right to use the software in
the manner that you are trying to transfer it. Am I wrong?

Celejar