On Sep 28, 2012 11:30 AM, "Darac Marjal" <mailingl...@darac.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:20:16AM -0500, cr...@gtek.biz wrote:
> > Good morning,  When I ssh into a remote system, I am able to see what
is happening on VT2 by entering the command 'cat /dev/vcs2'. I tried using
tail -f to get a continuous output of the console, but it fails to ever
update. Is it possible to watch another VT in real time over ssh?  Thanks,
Craig

> Try the "vtgrab" package.

That would work. However I think you could also have logrotate use a socket
for logging (at least -ng). What you might really want to look into is
splunk or graylog2 (or the other solutions I can never remember).

Also, socat is another solution for playing with device io. I don't believe
dealing with vt is the right solution however. Also keep in mind none of
these solutions will encrypt the stream - use stunnel or similar here.