> Lisi <lisi.re...@gmail.com> wrote: (On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 6:14 AM),
>
> I have in the past set up a system on which I dual-booted by having
> Windows on one HDD and Linux on another.
> I then switched between them by changing the boot order in the BIOS.
> Easier and quicker than moving disks around.
>
> I solve the problem now by not having Windows!
>
> Lisi

Hi Lisi,

Good point. I am aware of changing the boot order of the drives in
BIOS but someone brought up a good point awhile back.
If I have both drives on a single cable
(Windows drive set to "master" and Debian drive set to "slave"),
can I change the boot order and make a "slave" drive boot first?
I was warned that this may not work.

I thought changing the boot order only works when drives (disks)
are installed on their own separate ribbon cables and each drive
is set to "master" (obviously).

Thank you Lisi.