On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wally,
> looks like an ok partitioning scheme. Having /home on its own partition
> means you can keep its contents even if you change the linux installed.
> Personally, I don't use a /boot partition; I just use / and /home.

Hi Wolf,

Ok thanks. I guess I'm 'okay to go'. What do you think about how much
space I have allocated to each partition? As you can see I have an 80
gig drive (total) that I'm installing debian too. Should I leave some
'free space' in the event I want to add another directory in the
future?

Also read about some other recommended partitioning schemes in the
'short' debian partitioning appendix here:

Appendix C. Partitioning for Debian
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apc.html.en

Specifically these sub-sections (very short in length) titled:

C.1. Deciding on Debian Partitions and Sizes
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs01.html.en

C.2. The Directory Tree
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs02.html.en

C.3. Recommended Partitioning Scheme