ozhan fenerci <o_fenerci <at> yahoo.com.tr> writes:

> Dear List,I know I am not supposed to delete util-linux but it was removed by
the command " apt-get remove util-linux'. After I rebooted the computer, the
grub shows no linux boot disk. I wonder how I can recover my system back. I am
using debian testing/386. Best Regards,Ozhan

I'd second using a live cd or usb. After you boot into the live environment, you
should be able to mount your partitions. Download a *.deb for util-linux, copy
it to your partition, 'chroot' into your system and 'dpkg -i' it. You might also
being able to 'aptitude install' it, but I don't know how much not having
util-linux will cripple aptitude (or even dpkg).