Hi, I've stuck with KDE 3.5.10 as it does what I want, but the new kernels have removed support for /proc/nnnn/oom_adj and insist on using /proc/nnnn/oom_score_adj.

The only part of KDE 3.5.X that uses /proc/nnnn/oom_adj is kdeinit, but I have had no success so far in rebuilding it from source.

I don't want to go to a wholesale migration to KDE 4.X or Trinity Desktop, I just want to patch kdeinit or obtain a working KDE 3.5.10 kdeinit that uses the new /proc/nnnn/oom_score_adj name.

Has anyone rebuilt kdelibs 3.5.10 this way for Debian or is is possible to directly patch the kdeinit binary?

Regards,

Arthur.