On 08/11/2012 09:39, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 08 November 2012 08:23:59 tv.deb...@googlemail.com wrote:
On 08/11/2012 09:01, Lisi Reisz wrote:
[cut]

And yes, the two kernels where GRUB is installed.  I simply can't see any
menu there, so how do I alter the menu order?  I'll put the
/etc./default/grub file below my signature again.

Thanks,
Lisi

[cut]
If by "menu" you mean grub2 equivalent of "menu.list" then
"/boot/grub/grub.cfg" is what you are looking for.

Yes, but it says you mustn't alter it manually.

Well it won't break if you do, but the changes will be lost the next time "update-grub" is run.

This file is
recreated every time "update-grub" or "grub-mkconfig" is run (which you
must do after modifying /etc/default/grub). Instead of using the
menu.cfg you can create any custom entry you'd like using a
/etc/grub/40_custom . "40" is just a hint here, choose what you want,
but you should find a template with this number in the /etc/grub
directory. All files there are sourced when "update-grub" is run and
used to generate grub.cfg.

Thank you!  I hadn't found references to /etc/grub/40.

I already corrected that, but for the sake of future references the correct path is: /etc/grub.d/

Hope it helps.

It does.  Thank you.

Lisi