On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Gean Ceretta <geancere...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Thanks Neal and Charlie, I've tried:
>

> # chown -Rv gean:gean /home/gean
>
> but the ownership stays the same root, maybe its important to say that the
> /home is an NTFS partition, mounted by /etc/fstab as:
>
> /dev/sda3       /home           auto    defaults        0       0
>
> this is the correct way to mount this? the problem can be here? All the
> home dirs in this machine have root ownerships.
>

> --
> Gean Michel Ceretta - geancere...@linuxmail.org - geancere...@gmail.com -
> +55 046 9111 8829

I believe NTFS has no notion of users, so the whole filesystem under
/dev/sda3 will belong to exactly one user.
Try using "uid=1000" in /etc/fstab (after 'defaults'). That should
cause the fs to belong to your user (I'm assuming your uid is 1000,
use the id command to find out if it's different)

Guido