On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 12:21 -0800, Gary Roach wrote:
> It is really frustrating when you know there is a command that you
> used 2 years ago that is exactly what you need but can't remember its
> name.

Is there a way to get some smarter autocompletion?

Assumed I can't rember the command name "umount", I only remember "mou"
or something like that.

If I type "mou" and push the tab key I get

spinymouse@q:~$ mou
mount             mount.fuse        mount.ntfs        mountpoint
mountall          mount.lowntfs-3g  mount.ntfs-3g     mousetweaks

If I would remember "um", everything would be ok

spinymouse@q:~$ um
umask           umax_pp         umount          umount.udisks
umount.udisks2

After that a --help or man for this hand full of commands should do the job.

For "u"

spinymouse@q:~$ u
Display all 133 possibilities? (y or n)

Regards,