On 11/24/12, Sven Joachim <svenj...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2012-11-24 12:17 +0100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

>> Here are my attempts:
>>
>> $ colortail -f <(systemd-journalctl -f)
>> Showing user generated messages only. Users in the group 'adm' can see
>> all messages. Pass -q to turn this message off.
>> ==> /dev/fd/63 <==
>> # no more output
>
> Rebooting my laptop with init=/bin/systemd, I can confirm that.
>
>> Seems a hard nut to crack... evidently systemd-journalctl does not
>> output in the same way as tail command...
>
> At least with the -f option, it seems.

Is this enough to file a bug?
Eg:
"systemd-journalctl -f" fails to pass stdout file descriptor in such a
way that bash process substitution can work"
with the simple comparison example being, these work:
   colortail -f <(sudo tail -f /var/log/auth.log)
   colortail -f <(systemd-journalctl)
yet this does not work:
   colortail -f <(systemd-journalctl -f)

???