On Wednesday 28 Nov 2012, binary dreamer wrote:
> hi.
>
> i am looking to build debian for my system ALIX (pcengines) all flavors,
> especially for the ones without vga.
> i am looking to create two partitions. the first will have the system and
> will be read only. writable it has to be only on demand, such remountrw to
> enable it.
> the second partition it needs to be read-write an empty space.
>
> i neet  to create an embedded system with ALIX in a CF. Due to cf
> limitations i have to extend its life by disabling the read-writes all the
> time.
>
> is there a simple guide to create such a system?
For what its worth, I have had some Compulab and then old WRAP boards running
on MIDE and CF drives with raw Debian for up to 11 years.  I have had a
few MIDEs give up on me but it is hard to tell exactly why.  I have never had
a CF give up.  These systems are running with R/W root, and logging in the
normal way.  They are formatted using ext3.

David