2012-12-13 07:30, lina skrev:
On Thursday 13,December,2012 02:24 PM, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2012-12-13 05:25, lina skrev:
Acroread is now a multiarch-package, as it says on the deb-multimedia
website, and the amd64 package for acroread is gone. The point of
multiarch is to allow installation of the 32-bit package belonging to
the i386 arch and using that acroread on your amd64 system.

The i386 package of acroread has dependencies on lots of other i386
libraries. Previously the 32-bit acroread was packaged in an amd64
package with dependency on ia32-libs. ia32-libs was a very large package
containing all of the 32-bit libraries that acroread depended on.

I have purged all ia32-libs related package.

Shall I install the 76 packages? (a little worry may mess up the system)

Yes.

I did the same thing with skype recently.

/ johan