Hello Vaibhav,

Vaibhav Niku <vaibhav_n...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> pdf2ps, which is a frontend to gs, inserts a copyright notice in all PS files
> it produces. I am using `GPL Ghostscript 8.71 (2010-02-10)'. Files look like
> this:
>
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> %%Creator: GPL Ghostscript 871 (pswrite)
> %%BeginProlog
> % This copyright applies to everything between here and the %%EndProlog:
> % Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> %%BeginResource: procset GS_pswrite_2_0_1001 1.001 0
> %%EndProlog
> %%EOF

This only claims copyright to the prolog (sort of like a header),
which is created by Ghostscript itself. As the header, which is
introduced in these files to make them valid, had to be written by
someone, naturally someone has the copyright to said header, even if
it is put into your files. Note that in some jurisdictions, not even
such a notice is necessary in order to hold the copyright, nor does
removing the notice help with anything (apart from copyright
infringement).

Furthermore note that even though Artifex Software holds the
copyright to parts of this file, it may well allow you to do whatever
you want with your files.

Best,

Claudius