Zbigniew Komarnicki <cblas...@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to prohibit user to assign negative value to a variable.
> This variable is later passed to a recurrence function as
> argument and of course I got segmentation fault, because
> the function is called 4294967291 times.

You MUST check the input.  Consider a user who has an int with the
value he wants to pass.  If there were a check, he'd just write:

func(unsigned int(x)) to get the thing to compile.

Or a user who in error computes a silly large positive value by any nunmber of
means.

There are languages which attempt to do bounds checking statically,
but C isn't like that - which is why buffer overflow still is the
friend of the malware writer.