Good time of the day, Raffaele.

I could not answer on Your last letter so I have started a new thread.

Among other You wrote:

> you should use dmix with the 'ipc_key_add_uid' parameter set to false
> to let multiple users share the same device.

The problem now is that I can not achieve multi user SB access. Or
rahter I would say it is but working strange way. - I can play FLAC w/
mplayer2 under one user, at the same time I can pause the playing and
start watching movie w/ mplayer2 under another user. - All works. But
in case no app.s are using SB, I run under yet another user jackd, run
an MIDI editor MusE, then quit it (jackd is still running), I start
mplayer2 for FLAC under the first user - it refuses to play until I
kill jackd from under the third user. Please, do not ask me for the
configuration of the three users - just let's suppose this is the
initial situation.

In other words I see: 2 mplayer2 under 2 users at the same time can
share SB, whereas 1 mplayer2 and 1 jackd under 2 users can not share SB.

All these three users are in the audio group that has its record in

/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf

/etc/asound.conf :

# This is commented out because if enabled - PCM ceases to work, only
Master works; whereas when disabled - both work. #pcm.!default {
#    type plug
#    slave.pcm "dmixer"
#}

pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.dmixer {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024                # the key must be unique
    ipc_key_add_uid 0                                           #
Multiusage ipc_perm 0660               # permissions - octal notation
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,0"
        period_time 0
        period_size 2048