On Tue, 22 Jan 2013, Erwan David wrote:

I personnaly use imapfilter for such tasks. But it requires some lua scripting, as it is rather a lua library for accessing and searching imap accounts than a program.

I've been using imapfilter for about a year after 15+ years of using fetchmail/procmail to deliver & sort mail. Before that my mail was always delivered locally on a Unix box and I didn't have enough of it to warrant filtering :)

Imapfilter is itself great but LUA is quite different to other programming languages I've used in the past. I've done a bit of work in LUA but have ended up with a (perhaps hacky) solution of having a shell script construct my .imapfilter/config.

I considered 'fetchmail -m procmail' as a solution but didn't select it at the time. I think I'm going to take another look at it though, now that I've had more of a chance to play with the alternatives.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: rob...@timetraveller.org         Linux counter ID #16440