On 28/01/13 10:46 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
hi,
 some important packages are missing in the Debian official repositories
 cinelerra, avidemux
 the offical recommendations say:

   Please do also consider to entirely remove unofficial third-party
repositories from your /etc/apt/sources.list file. The few more features
   added to the packages provided there do often not compensate for the
   breakage they may cause.

 So, how am I supposed  to get these packages. The only way I see
 is compilation, but is there any chance that they will be officially
 supported by Debian one day?

best regards,

It's your choice. Debian-multimedia has some packages that I really like. The last time I installed them there were no conflicts (no official packages were uninstalled) and things seem to be working OK. At other times, I found it necessary to uninstall the unofficial packages due to conflicts.

You also could try generating your own packages for the programs you want. This can be a frustrating and time-consuming process the first time you try. There is quite a learning curve. However, if you can succeed in compiling against the official packages, you could ask for your package to be included in the official repositories.