On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:09:56PM +0200, Osamu Aoki said
> Rob,
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:58:45AM -0700, M. Kirchhoff wrote:
> > Quoting Rob Weir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > I've just spent a while expanding on my short guide that I've used on
> > > the list a couple of times.  It's available from
> > > http://egads.ertius.org/~rob/font_guide.txt and is reproduced below so
> > > people can criticies it more easily :)
> > By jove, you've got it!!! I wish to hell I'd had your guide when I
> > first started mucking with fonts.  I think we just need to get your
> > guide into docbook format or something similar and make it more well
> > known.
>
> How about DDP document which uses debiandoc-sgml.

Sure, sounds like a good idea.  I may not have time to do this until
next weekend, however.

> Since it is a small topic, if you wish, I will be grad to make it a part
> of "Debian Reference".  Rewite around:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-xfs-tt
>
> I am not extensive on this subject.  (Tough part is write is generic
> enough so minor version up in X will not change description.)

I don't think this will be too much of a problem.  There don't seem to
be any changes with regard to font configuration for X itself within the
4.0 series, there's just the addition of things like xft1 and
fontconfig.

--
Rob Weir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:           Clinton Serbian AUTODIN defense information warfare