Dear Debian fans and supporters,

I want to ask if somebody on this list has found and was able to follow
some guide on the internet for how to setup partitioning when dual-booting
Windows 7 and Debian 7.

I tried yesterday, and after the partitioning step, I created a 300 MB "EFI
boot partition", because the installer complained about it, but at the end
of the installation, grub was unable to boot. All I had was the error
"error invalid arch independent elf magic entering rescue mode".

Rebooted and entered into the installer's rescue mode and attempted to
install grub on both my hdds. No change.

Eventually I restored wheezy from a backup and everything is back to how it
was before.

Does anyone have any ideas to what I may have done wrong, or how it should
have been done?

Thank you for any input,

--
Sent from my Brick (TM)