On Sun, 2013-06-16 at 14:07 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 6/16/2013 1:39 PM, Celejar wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:29:44 -0400
> > Jerry Stuckle <jstuc...@attglobal.net> wrote:

> >> Who cares about other distros?  I'm talking about Debian.
> >
> > Your argument hinges on the existence and popularity of other distros
> > that listen more than Debian does.
> >
> > Celejar
> >

> Pretty much ANY distro which listens better than the Debian developers
> will gain at the loss of Debian.
>
> That's the way the world is going.  If you don't deliver what users
> want, someone else will.
>
> It's not like back in the 80's when there were limited options and even
> more limited support.  The growth of the internet has changed all that.
>
> And it may not be distros which even exist today.  People don't like
> what's happening, they can spin something else off.  You can't lock
> people in like before.

Again, I'm switching distros regarding to my needs and I disagree.
Slavko mentioned the same as I did: "[snip] all [snip] decisions must
follow the policy documents [snip]". AFAIK there's no distro that does
listen much to the users. They've got a policy and usually they tend to
be as close to upstream as possible.

As mentioned before, I dropped Debian for the (long) moment, but this
depends to my needs. People with special needs IMO are watching more
than just one distro.

YMMV!