Hey everyone, I have been using the Debian OS for a while, love it, but am
having a bit of trouble going from Squeeze to Wheezy. Looks like /dev/xconsole
is missing now!
I always have the xconsole program running in my X windows. But now when I
start up my X, the xconsole program just has this inside it: "Couldn't open
/dev/xconsole"
Also, I do a search for /dev/xconsole and it isn't there!
I googled a way to create that file, but that didn't seem to help. And it
disappeared after I rebooted!
I am also noticing that the log files aren't logging anything anymore. Most of
the stuff in /var/log haven't been touched since my upgrade, like
/var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog.
The other strange part of this is that the rsyslog package isn't on my system
anymore, and when I tried to install it, I got this warning:
initscripts breaks rsyslog (<< 5.8.2-2)
So I didn't install it, but I would really like to have some logs ... and an
xconsole!
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Amber