I recently did a dist upgrade of my system to Wheezy. I have had a
number of seriuos issues with this upgrade but the one that has me
stumped is Apache2. I finally ended up removing it and all of the mods &
associated apps. Yep it pretty well screwed the entire system. I now
have rescued the installation except for Apache2. I have seen that it
installed into a new directory as I removed every vestige of the old
installation. I saved the config files in a archive of the old setup
just in case. What I see is that the new install does NOT put ANY
configs into the /etc/apache2  directory and the installation doesent
seem to know that it has failed. Apache does not work and though I've
tried to manually install the old configs, it still doesnt work. Does
anyone know of any line command dpkg. or apt that will cause a
completely new installation to overwrite the current installation, and
maybe fix this?