On 18/06/2013 0:36, Pol Hallen wrote:> Hi all!

> I think about change my single debian os to several debian virtualized, ie:
>
> main debian on server with iptables and dhcp
>
> virtual machine1: apache
> virtual machine2: mysql
> virtual machine3: squid
> virtual machine4: samba
> [...]
>
> I can use virtualbox or vmware...
>
> is it a good idea to keep a production server?
>
> I can do the snapshots before upgrade and go back and other...
>
> could be a good idea have a this production server?
>
> thanks!
>
> Pol

Hi Pol,

I've done that in the past with uml, or vservers.
There are other solutions around. virtualbox might eat a lot of resources,
that's why I like container based solutions, as Andrei suggested.

Regards

--
Benedict Verheyen                       Debian, Python and Django user
GnuPG Public Key 0x712CBB8D