On 06/21/2013 01:21 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 6/21/2013 3:54 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
Not being able to find another mailing list that seems worthwhile I'm
hoping I can get a quick answer here. The following doesn't work.

System info:
wheezy
Apache2
php5
mySQL 5.?

My test web page:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>PHP Information Page</title>
<!--<link href="uuclb.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
>-->
</head>
         echo "Test Message in body"
<?php
             echo "Test Message in PHP";
             //echo "phpinfo()";
         ?>

When run, the "Test Message in body" displays. The " Test Message in
PHP" does not.
Running ps xaf shows two instances of the apache server running. Pasted
from the terminal:

    30541 ?        Ss     0:01 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
    30561 ?        S      0:00  \_ /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
    30562 ?        S      0:00  \_ /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

I've checked the installation of php5 and all seems well. You will
probably need additional information. Please ask.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R

Gary,

Does your web page have a .php extension? What do you have in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled?

The web page has an .html extension. Is a .php extension necessary if there is PHP code mixed within html?

My mods-enable"
root@supercrunch:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled# ls
alias.conf authz_groupfile.load cgi.load env.load php5.conf setenvif.load alias.load authz_host.load deflate.conf mime.conf php5.load status.conf auth_basic.load authz_user.load deflate.load mime.load reqtimeout.conf status.load authn_file.load autoindex.conf dir.conf negotiation.conf reqtimeout.load authz_default.load autoindex.load dir.load negotiation.load setenvif.conf

Thanks for the help

Gary R.