Le 29/06/2013 15:51, Franco Martelli a écrit :

I,m on Wheezy amd64 port.
I installed both ntpdate and rdate packages but automatic date and
time update of KDE digital clock on the desktop doesn't work.
Do I need package like kdesudo in order to make things working?

Trying with rdate I got:

$ rdate europe.pool.ntp.org
rdate: Could not connect socket: Connection refused
$ rdate -ncv europe.pool.ntp.org
rdate: Could not set time of day: Operation not permitted

Please, any hint that help me to solve this situation would be really
appreciated, thanks in advance.

- -- Franco Martelli.

1) rdate is not ntp related so the first answer is normal

2) ntpdate is to be used by root, however it should not be used for automatic update except at boot. You should install the ntp package which works continuously by adapting clock speed, and is the best way to get and keep a correct time.

The default configuration should work without problem for a client machine.