On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 10:32 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Please, someone who uses Thunderbird/Icedove, come to the rescue of
> the rest of us and tell Ethan how to sort his quoting out.  It is, as
> Bob says, painful.

There isn't something to explain. I used Mozilla, Seamonkey, Thunderbird
and Icedove for many years, as for all MUAs I know, they provide reply
buttons and everything is done automagically for every Linux distro and
even for Windows.

Ethan needs to explain his work-flow when using Thunderbird, before we
could help. Perhaps there's a reason why to use the odd quotation style
that is used. I can't imagine any reason for this, so more information
is needed.

We don't need to be rescued, if it becomes to time consuming to read
Ethan's mails, we simply can ignore them. Ethan is aware that many
people are willing to help, ignoring the posting style and now there
shouldn't be any doubts that at least some of us, at very least me, stop
reading some of Ethan's mails, when it becomes to time consuming, hard
to understand.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9rlesb

Regards,
Ralf