Dear Henrique de Moraes Holschuh and all,

Sorry for being late to the party. I installed Debian about a month ago.

Would installing the intel processor microcode package and the
icu-tools have any benefit to me ?

 cpuid -1 | grep 'Intel Pentium'
      family          = Intel Pentium Pro/II/III/Celeron/Core/Core
2/Atom, AMD Athlon/Duron, Cyrix M2, VIA C3 (6)
   (synth) = Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor E5000/E6000 (Wolfdale R0), 45nm

I did see the long description of both the packages but became none the wiser.

$ aptitude show iucode-tool
Package: iucode-tool
State: not installed
Version: 1.0-1
 iucode_tool is a program to manipulate Intel® X86 and X86-64
processor microcode collections, and to use the kernel
 facilities to upgrade the microcode on Intel system processors.

 It can load microcode data files in text and binary format, sort,
list and filter the microcodes contained in these files,
 write selected microcodes to a new file in binary format, or upload
them to the kernel.

 It operates on non-free microcode data downloaded directly from Intel
or installed by the intel-microcode package.

$ aptitude show intel-microcode
Package: intel-microcode
State: not installed
Version: 2.20130808.1
 This package contains updated system processor microcode for Intel
i686 and Intel X86-64 processors.  Intel releases
 microcode updates to correct processor behavior as documented in the
respective processor specification updates.

 For AMD processors, please refer to the amd64-microcode package.
Homepage: http://feeds.downloadcenter.intel.com/rss/?p=483&lang=eng

Tags: hardware::TODO, role::app-data, use::driver

The CPU is around 7 yrs. old hence curious if this will improve the CPU or not ?

Look forward to your reply and please CC me while replying.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल