Le 05.10.2013 14:54, berenger.mo...@neutralite.org a écrit :
Hi.
Since my last kernel update my desktop can not boot anymore, it is
stuck at "Switching to clocksource tsc". Also, nothing at all reply,
even the keyboard does just nothing.

Of course, I was stupid enough to remove the last kernel without
testing it, and I have no idea about what is wrong.
The kernel currently installed on that computer is 3.10-3, which
works perfectly on that computer ( a netbook ).
I thought it was a problem with my lilo.conf, but I checked it for
the 4th time ( which is not fun on recovery mode, since vim is just
highly bugged in ansi mode ) and it seems fine.
Few searches on the web indicates that it could be a compilation
problem, but I have used the Debian's kernel without any change.
I also tried to reinstall everything (just in case), but it does not
changed anything (of course).

I think I have no other choice than trying to downgrade, so I have used ssh to send the packages ( that I kept on that computer ) to the target. Now, bterm which is used in recovery mode starts to be *very* annoying, and avoid dpkg to work!
Here is what the system says:
===============
Running depmod.
Error opening terminal: bterm.
debconf: dialog output the above errors, giving up!
dpkg: erreur de traitement de linux-image-3.10-2-amd64 (--install) :
le sous-processus script post-installation installé à retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 255
Des erreur ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 linux-image-3.10-2-amd64

dpkg uses french messages, but I think they are useless. What is important is that I can not install package in recovery mode, so I can not revert my changes, which is very annoying in recovery mode.

I checked if all files were correctly generated in /boot, just in case, but the initrd.img file is not. I suppose it is generated by depmod?

Any idea about how to be able to run terminal stuff correctly in recovery mode? Maybe changing the terminal (if so, how could I do that?)?

Honestly, recovery mode is easier than using the unusable busybox ( I stopped installing them when I understood that they allow to do nothing else than cd and ls. ), but having it unable to correctly run basic tools like text editors and dpkg is not nice. I could use a debian live or anything else, but I would like to be able to use the tools debian give us to repair damaged systems.