On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Tazman Deville <tazmande...@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 08:34:37AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>> [...]
>> The first thing that I check when I get disk full errors but the disks
>> are not full is the permissions.

And the second thing should be the inodes, but I wasn't thinking that
direction yesterday. Glad someone else was.

>>Sometimes, software just assumes that
>> any time the system refuses to write it's that the disk is full.
>>
>> Then you should check whether you've set quotas up. In Java, there
>> would be policies to check. And so forth.
>
> [...]
> I'm unclear as to what java policies have to do with this,
> but I know diddley about Java.

Java has policies, which are kind of like the Java's runtime's
implementation of file permissions (but not really). Anyway, if the
current php has something similar (Last time I used php they seemed to
be "thinking about adding that".), that might have been something to
check. Line noise, as it turned out.

I'd kind of want to figure out why the popularity contest started
misbehaving. And report a bug anyway, if I had the time. There
shouldn't be any sudden changes to the popcorn infrastructure for
squeeze yet, should there.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.