On 10 November 2013 14:05, Beco <r...@beco.cc> wrote:
> And here I tried remove again the previous command, with the same
> result: apt-get wants to remove and strip naked my system.
>
> How can I eliminate the message "The following packages have been kept
> back:  mplayer transcode vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify
> vlc-plugin-pulse xvidcap" ?

I read somewhere that dist-upgrade would do the trick, but it did not
work; although I got 2 more! (  transcode and xvidcap )

(This is Wheezy, with Wheezy sources.list)

# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libavcodec-extra-53
  libavcodec53 libbs2b0 libmjpegtools-2.0-0 mjpegtools
  mplayer vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-pulse
  transcode xvidcap
2 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 1 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 6,129 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,357 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y

Thanks,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them" (Aristotle)