Ali ISIN <a.i...@live.be> wrote:
>Hi,
>

>Since the "7.x" version does my computer freeze;

In what way? No more messages are logged? Doesn't respond to pings? SysRq
doesn't reboot it (is the kernel totally hosed)?

>and that after installing "GRUB" and "rebooting".
>
>My system seem to work correctly but I thougth to inform you.

Installing or upgrading? If you copy the first, say, 448 bytes (I think that's
right - 512-64 but it doesn't matter) to a file and then copy it back, does the
same thing happen as with grub-install (grub-install has helper scripts to
figure out things and it might be an issue with something done in there).