> However a MUA won't download emails from a MTA, but from a POP or IMAP
> server.

Yes, of course from the pop3 server of my provider.

> What makes you think they were "downloaded".

I think, they were downloaded, for two reasons. First, they are already there,
when I start my MUA. Second, if I start my other computer, the mails I know
they were existent, can no more be downloaded, when - and that is important
now - I started my other debian computer, where I NOT started any MUA.

> Also note that kmail is linked to akonadi which may act silently before
> you start kmail.

Hmm, so is akonadi downloading my mails? Thought, akonadi is only a database
like mysql or postgresql. Am I wrong?

Hans