On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 20:16 +0100, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi all! I've a strange problem: debian stable with mate desktop: with
> only stable sources list I don't have any upgrade to do, I added testing
> repository like it:
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> # STABLE
> deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> # MATE
> deb http://repo.mate-desktop.org/debian wheezy main
> # TESTING
> deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
>
> /etc/apt/preferences
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=stable
> Pin-Priority: 700
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 500
>
> apt-get upgrade

> libfaac0 libsqlite3-0 mate-backgrounds mate-icon-theme mate-themes
>
> Also commenting mate repository I've same problem. I need keep debian
> stable and upgrade only one package. Is this because mate has become to
                         ^^^
> debian (testing?). How keep whole debian stable and install a package
> (only one yes -) from testing? Any idea?
>
> thanks!

If only one package is what you want, you should not put an * on Package
value on your apt_preferences, just the name of the package.

But I agree with Ralf, the first time you should do only a install and
in the case of a DE, you should expect a lot more than just one package
to be upgraded.

--
André N. Batista
GNUPG/PGP KEY: 6722CF80