2014/1/12 Martin <twpim-...@yahoo.com.au>

> Hello,
> I have new computer but soundcard does not work with Debian/Squeeze.
> Maybe I need to tweak some configuration files or I need new driver?
> It is integrated on motherboard Intel soundcard.
> Can anybody give me an advice?
>
> Bellow are output from some command that I tought would be needed.
> BTW soudcard works under Windows.
>
> If anybody is wondering why I use Squeeze instead of something more
> recent it is because I do have complete set of DVD for Squeeze but do
> not have internet connection capable for online installation of OS or
> even easy acces to set of DVD for newer system.
>
> boza@spongia:~/tmp$ lspci -n
> 00:1b.0 0403: 8086:1c20 (rev 05)
>
> boza@spongia:~/tmp$ lspci -v
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Cougar Point High Definition Audio
> Controller (rev 05)
>         Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Device a002
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
>         Memory at f7d00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>         Capabilities: <access denied>
>         Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
>                                                              ]

run `aplay -l` and look at the card0 infos
eg. I have

$ aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: AD1984 Analog [AD1984 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

then `cd /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver`

check in HD-Audio-Models.txt (or the gzipped related) the model which fits
to your card and add it in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf like this

options snd-hda-intel model=YOUR_MODEL

reboot

/r