On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 19:06, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a long while now fonts in gtk1 applications (gimp, gnucash, ...) are
> broken.  Basically they are too large.  I've looked on google and setup
> some defoma and fontconfig stuff and while the appearance is better now,
> they are still the same size.
>
> I'm running up-to-date unstable on powerpc.  I'm generally using KDE and
> have no problems with fonts there.  Also gnome2 applications (gaim,
> mozilla) work fine (thanks to gnome-control-center).

Have you tried removing the 100dpi fontline from XF86Config, or at least
put it as the very last line of the section, so something like this:

Section "Files"
#       FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font
server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on
these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
        FontPath
"/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
EndSection

See if that helps.

Good Luck.

Marshal