Hi

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:31:49AM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
>
> >So init knows that you want to shut down/reboot..
> >
> >My guess is that one of the "early" init scripts are hanging.
>
> Thank you for the hint. I followed your test method and the test
> result show this problem has nothing to do with a hanging service.
>
> The first in asciibetic order is 'apache2'.

Is it?  I may be misreading you - and if so I apologize
beforehand. But I mean "ascibetically" to mean the order of the
symlink names, including the "K" bit - e.g. "K02alsa-utils". Basically the
order of

        ls -1 /etc/rc6.d/*

> In my past years I came across many services that refuses to die,
> and they were killed after timed out, so normally init daemon knows
> how to kill without grace.

Hm. Fair point. Unfortunately, in my experience, a hanging init script
has halted shutdown many times for me - perhaps there's a setting
somewhere I can tweak.

--
Karl E. Jorgensen