Hi list,

I'm running the wheezy version of Samba4 (
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/samba4). You will note that this is the
4.00beta2 version.

Has anyone tried upgrading to the more current Samba4 package (
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba), which is at 4.1.4?

Is a completely hands-off drop-in replacement, or will there need to be
some hackery? I already have a proper domain set up, and would like to
upgrade it while preserving all existing data.

I'm already running the 'testing' rolling distribution, and so have been
updating religiously. The only reason that the samba4 package is stuck at
4.0.0beta2 is because the package originally in the repos (at the time of
installing) was 'samba4', whereas now it's 'samba'.

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers!