On 22/02/14 09:49, Blaine LaFreniere wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering how I might be able to install the nodejs binaries
> as a .deb package, so I could easily uninstall it later.

Why not:-
https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Installing-Node.js-via-package-manager

Or:-
http://blog.blakesimpson.co.uk/read/41-install-node-js-on-debian-wheezy

> I tried to use the alien utility to convert a .tgz file to a .deb, but
> after installing with dpkg -i <package>, it didn't appear to install
> correctly, because I couldn't access the binaries, and when I do `which
> node`, there are no results.

I've not always had a lot of success with alien in the past, so where
possible I avoid it.

P.S. What Debian release you are trying to install to may be relevant -
likewise any error messages or lack thereof.

Kind regards