On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Martin Vegter <martin.veg...@aol.com> wrote:

> I am wondering whether systemd will be mandatory in Jessie.
> At the moment, I can install Jessie without systemd. Will this stay so,
> or will this change somewhere before Jessie becomes stable?
>
> I have servers running Jessie. Can I continue upgrading packages on a
> regular basis, without having to worry that one of these updates will
> uninstall half of my system and install systemd instead (and make my
> servers unbootable) ?

On unstable, these are the packages that require systemd as pid 1:

1)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:systemd-sysv
gpsd
libpam-systemd
mandos
sysvinit

2.a)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:gpsd
gpsd-dbg
gpsdrive
gpsdrive-scripts

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:gpsdrive
gpsdrive
gpsdrive-scripts

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:gpsdrive-scripts

2.b)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:libpam-systemd
gdm3
gnome-bluetooth
network-manager
policykit-1

2.b.i)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:gdm3
gdm3
gnome-core
gnome-shell
libgdm-dev
xfswitch-plugin

2.b.ii)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:gnome-bluetooth
gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-1.0
gnome-bluetooth
gnome-control-center
gnome-core
gnome-core-devel
gnome-phone-manager
gnome-shell
gnome-user-share
libgnome-bluetooth-dev
network-manager-gnome

2.b.iii)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:network-manager
gnome
libnm-glib-dev
libnm-glib-vpn-dev
libnm-gtk-dev
libnm-util-dev
modem-manager-gui
network-manager-dbg
network-manager-gnome
network-manager-iodine-gnome
network-manager-openconnect
network-manager-openconnect-gnome
network-manager-openvpn-gnome
network-manager-pptp-gnome
network-manager-strongswan
network-manager-vpnc-gnome
plasma-nm
python-networkmanager
sucrose-0.96
sucrose-0.98

2.b.iv)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:polykit-1
<nothing>

2.c)

# aptitude search -F "%p" ~Ddepends:mandos
<nothing>