On Mon, 26 May 2014 17:06:01 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 18:58 +0400, Reco wrote:
> > fakeroot
>
> ... regarding to some claims on this list is a PITA, at least when
> building a kernel. I run my scripts to build kernel-rts as root.

I use fakeroot from '06 without a single problem inside chroots, openvz
containers, lxc containers, virtual machines, qemu-user-powered chroots
(I'm too lazy to install real cross-toolchains). That includes building
several versions of Linux kernel for at least 3 different architectures.
And it, like, magically worked every time.

But that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that dpkg-buildpackage uses
fakeroot. So, if OP used dpkg-buildpackage more-or-less successfully -
'fakeroot debian/rules' should work for him too.

Reco