On Mon, 5/26/14, Joe <j...@jretrading.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Why is Gnome3 still disabled after having upgraded the
linux-image?
 To: "Horatio Leragon" <hlera...@yahoo.com>
 Date: Monday, May 26, 2014, 5:53 AM

> Try:

> glxinfo | grep render
> and you're looking for:
> direct rendering = No
> If it's 'Yes', then you have hardware acceleration and you need to look
> elsewhere.

The result of my glxinfo | grep render is: Yes

Where should I look?

> If the graphics system is very recent, there may not be free drivers
> available, and even proprietary drivers tend to lag behind the product when
> Linux is concerned. Intel is generally not too bad in that respect.

I disagree with what you said about Intel. My duaghter's CPU is the latest
Intel i7-4770 (Haswell) with Intel H87 chipset. Graphics capability in
integrated in the CPU, right?

What is strange is this:

linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64 works flawlessly with my wife's Intel i7-3780
(Ivy-Bridge) with Intel H77 chipset (which is the version prior to Haswell).
Gnome3 works flawlessly too.

However I had to upgrade linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64 to Wheezy backported
linux-image-3.14-0.bpo.1-amd64 when using Intel i7-4770 (Haswell) due to
problems of rebooting and shutdown. In addition, Gnome3 failed to load even
after the linux-image backported upgrade.

Should I report this as a bug?