On 20140531_2339+1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 09:31:32AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> > Off topic on the Debian user list? I think not.
>
> I think so. That question is more appropriate for the debian-project
> list because it concerns the umm, cough, Debian project.
>
> It doesn't fit under the category of support.

The description of the debian-user list from lists.debian.org is:

debian-user: Help and discussion among users of Debian

A lot is going on in the world outside Debian. Every user of Debian
should be free to raise any topic that (s)he believes is important to
the Debian 'mission', which heavily invested in the proposition that
software is and ought to be open and free (as in freedom). This is
what 'discussion among users of Debian' means to me.

The subject of the OP is "Assange and NSA". NSA has been accused of
somehow infiltrating Debian and enslaving it. Assange is a celebrity,
well known to almost everyone in the computer world, for innovative
use of the internet to publish 'leaked' information.

Any news event involving both, together, should be mentioned here,
because of the nature of Debian, what it is and what it stands for.

I have found that the commercial news channels in USA do not report
this type of news very well or very quickly. How much discussion this
report deserves is up to us to decide, but only after we hear about
it.

Peace.
--
Paul E Condon