My USB keyboard is connected directly to the computer. I have also tried it
in every USB port on the computer.

The keyboard doesn't even work at the Windows bootloader menu or the Grub
menu or the menu I get when I boot the Debian DVD.

I did manage to get Debian installed as I said in my other message, but I
sure would like to be able to have the keyboard working at boot.

I'm thinking that a previous owner turned off the legacy USB keyboard
support in the CMOS and since there is no option for a PS/2 keyboard, I
think it may be stuck without keyboard access at boot time.